Friday, November 06, 2009

Another argument for Senate abolition





















The insufferably smug, unethical and not-very-bright Mike Duffy, who, in three short months at the end of 2008, guzzled $44,000 in expenses. Beach the lot of 'em, I say, and flense the big ones.

Reform? No. Shut the place down and give it to Kevin Page for an expanded office.

I'm not a great friend of Peter Stoffer--he once had to apologize to me at the mic at an NDP convention for calling me a liar earlier in a debate on Indian rights. He's a peppery sort of guy who can shoot from the lip. But he was all class and calm demeanor during the PaP interview. The Puffster, on the other hand, kept emitting blasts of gas like a pricked balloon. One expected him to start flying around the room at any moment.

Which brings to mind a question that's been puzzling me for a while now: how is it that the "lib'rul media" keep incubating Conservative senators like Duffy and Pamela Wallin?

No comments: