Thursday, June 24, 2010

The good, the bad and the ugly





















Quick notes before I bury myself once again in archival materials:

The good:
Toronto Pride, no doubt with the assistance of considerable pressure, reverses itself: Queers Against Israeli Apartheid will be permitted to march after all. And Jonathan Kay is having a hissy-fit, which is also good.


The bad:
"I have here in my hand a list of two hundred and five" ...whoops, wrong quote. Once again, though, it's infiltrators at the very highest levels of government, blah, blah, or maybe not. CSIS director Richard Fadden should join General Stanley McCrystal and take some well-deserved time off.

The ugly: One of the most offensive pieces yet written about the Rights and Democracy imbroglio. As former journalist Terry Glavin would have it, opposition to the Clown Car Brigade now running the place into the ground has n
othing at all to do with manifest managerial incompetence, mutual back-scratching, untendered contracts and wacky public pronouncements--it's

*roll of drums*

--
anti-Semitism.

UPDATE: (June 25) For the lazy and the hard of thinking, my refutation of Glavin may be found in the comments at the link.

UPPERDATE: (June 25) Good grief, I've been so distracted by Terry's flailing over at The Mark that I neglected to note Paul Wells' latest. Mea culpa, Paul.

No comments: