Saturday, November 29, 2008

A romp through the sludge

Feeling a mite upful this morning, I thought I'd trip the light fantastic through a well-known blogroll. And the chorus of groaning, gnashing of teeth and screams of terror in that outer darkness did prove to have a certain appeal.

Ve need ein Iron Man!


I am disgusted. I am ashamed. I cannot believe we have a system in this Country that makes that even remotely possible. The Bloc needs to go, the opposition needs to go. We need to elect a Leader, and reps from all Provinces, and that’s it. Yes, there will be a lot of people that won’t like that. Most of them will be looking for a real job.

62.3% steal government from 37.7%

Witnessing the backroom maneuverings now occurring in Ottawa, I cannot help but feel as if the vote I cast just weeks ago is about to be stolen from me, as Stephane Dion and the Liberal Party plot to overturn the results of our last election.

I think it's astoundingly undemocratic that Liberals and NDP would presume to topple the Conservative government just weeks after Harper's clear win in a general election, and just days after the opposition supported the Conservatives' throne speech.


Something is happening here

I want to sound informed and reasonably well-read about the current constitutional crisis, but I have a confession to make: I have no idea what's really going on.

Umm...we did

The Commie, the Separatist or the Failure. Do you honestly think Canadians would choose either over Stephen Harper, sweaters and all?

Don't bogart that joint...

[The Governor-General] will conclude that this is just a partisan move. She will most likely be advised that she must call an election because partisan politicing [sic] is not a basis to allow a coalition.

Fear and loathing

You blazing morons. You are as dangerous as hell.

So, Stephane/Bob/Mike, Jack and Gilles; go ahead and spit in the face of an electorate that recently rejected all of you - I'll enjoy 5 weeks of your comedic posturing as you leap to your extinction.

Hey! We've got more outraged Canadians than you do

What is important now, beyond all else, is that the rest of the country hears us. Not as Conservatives, but as outraged Canadians. The media must hear us loud and clear within the next week or so, because they are trying to assess whether there is any popular legitimacy to this coup.

No comments: