Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday vexation: Panda Cloud Antivirus

Steer clear. Take it from me and don't believe the hype.

I downloaded this rubbishy product onto a notebook this morning. It failed to display anything on my desktop: I found it in my program file and tried to open it. "Error message 11."

So I tried to deinstall it. I was informed--in Spanish!--that an "error" had occurred that would not permit deinstallation.

I opened a Panda account and tried to post a message to the Support Forum. "Could not complete this action."

Now I have 64 megs of pure cruft sitting in various places on my hard drive.

Have any readers had similar experiences?

UPDATE: Support from readers came thick and fast. I have now successfully deinstalled PCAV and installed Avast. Many thanks, all!

No comments: