Thursday, December 24, 2009

Bark us all bow-wows of folly

What season of joy is without its naysayers?

1 Hear ye the word which the LORD speaketh unto you, O house of Israel:

2 Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

5 They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.

Pay no attention to that sour old prophet's War on Christmas. 'Tis the season to be jolly, dammit!




















And so I wish my friends and my sparring partners alike* the very best of that season, whatever your tradition. Merry Christmas, to those who share mine.

Now: to last minute racing around, gift-wrapping, turkey-brining, a bit of poetry, a glass or two of wine, and warm anticipation of the arrival of family. While singing my favourite Christmas carol, of course.

Do feel free to sing along.

__________
*Of course, the categories overlap quite a bit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know whether it's just me or if everybody else encountering
problems with your site. It appears like some of the written text within
your content are running off the screen. Can somebody else please comment and
let me know if this is happening to them as well?
This might be a issue with my web browser because I've had this happen previously. Appreciate it

My web site :: how to get followers on instagram