Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Rights and Democracy: Pull the other one, Gérard






The new head of Rights and Democracy, Gérard Latulippe, on why the much-ballyhooed "forensic audit" of his agency still isn't public:

Interviewer: I want to touch on the Deloitte forensic audit, which I believe was announced in February and expected to be delivered three weeks later. Then I understand you said it would be made public in June. Then in July, you said it wouldn't be available until the end of the summer. Now I understand that you received the report at the end of August, but instead of making it public, you were sending it for a legal opinion. Then it was going to go to the Board on Oct. 25. Is this still the plan?

Gérard Latulippe: I don't want to address all those issues related to the administration downfalls or the administration issues that the organization did have. Because there was the Deloitte report, we did some studies. I mean we are in the process of evaluating a lot of administrative processes here and this is extensive. At one point I will be able to discuss that. But I'm not ready to do that.

There's bafflegab and then there's bafflegab. We have here an artist in that medium.

Come on, M. Latulippe. What are you hiding?

No comments: