Saturday, July 05, 2008

Life and death in the blogosphere














"I had to interrupt my internet fast to bring you this important rumour."

With luck, this could even surpass the "internet traditions" meme: "The blogosphere: bringing you important rumours."

But on to the actual rumour in this case, which the so-cons are all over, many doing their best to appear pious and all: and that rumour is that Dr. Henry Morgentaler has terminal cancer, and two weeks to live.

I'm not as dubious as my friend JJ: it could be true, maybe not. In any case a group of young CLCers (and that threw me for a moment, but it's not my CLC) is holding a novena to pray for his conversion before death.

Meanwhile the loving Connie Fournier of Free Dominion has this to say:

His death couldn't be too imminent or too painful for my taste.

Sweet. In fairness, she's almost alone on that thread. But it's a grim sight when the mask of a far-right ideologue slips for a moment, eh?

Oh, and by the way, congratulations, Suzanne.

No comments: